Orlando Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Overchuck & Associate are handling an increasing number of bicycle accident claims in Orlando and in other Florida cities each year. The reason behind this increment might be Florida’s weather, which invites locals and visitors alike to spend more time outdoors so many are choosing bicycles over other means of transportation. In fact, cycling has become more popular as everyday transportation or a way to see our cities. Some municipalities have created bike paths or special travel lanes to help keep bicyclists safe. Otherwise, bicycle riders share the streets with cars and trucks. And when they collide, the consequences can be devastating and deadly. Like riders in motorcycle accidents, people riding bicycles are physically more exposed and therefore more vulnerable to serious injury in traffic accidents. While helmets offer some protection, injuries to the head, neck, and spinal column can and do occur, causing disabilities that may require years of costly medical treatment and physical therapy.
Our Florida bicycle accident lawyers know the toll an injury caused by a bike accident can take on you and your family — physically, emotionally, and financially. We are knowledgeable in the intricacies of the laws that protect bicyclists, and we understand cases like these require compassion and diligence. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf to secure the compensation you will need to cover your medical bills, recoup lost wages and begin your journey on the road to recovery.
What to do if you find yourself Involved in a Bike Accident
- Contact the police and report the accident
- Make sure an accident report is filed within 72 hours of the accident. If the police officer doesn’t do it then do It yourself
- Call 911 or seek immediate medical assistance if you have been injured
- Collect contact and insurance information from the other parties involved. Make sure you record the other driver’s license plate number
- Collect contact information from any witness of the bicycle accident
- Take pictures of the accident including the damage to your bike and to the other vehicle, your injuries and the place where the accident happened. Describe the accident scene with as much details as you can
- Contact an Orlando bicycle accident attorney from Overchuck & Associate who will help you get the compensation you deserve
Trust the attorneys of Overchuck & Associate, P.A. in Orlando to fight for your family. Our Florida personal injury lawyers are authorities on bicycle accidents and will work tireless to assure that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Florida Bicycle Lawyer in Orlando
If you or someone you care about suffered an injury as a result of a bicycle crash due to the negligence of another person in Orlando, Central Florida or in any other place in Florida contact us immediately at 1-888-720-6222 for a free evaluation of your case. You may also fill out our online form and we will contact you back shortly.